Guide to Writing a Professional Summary with Tips and Example
- Keep it to the point and short: about 4 to 6 lines
- Use bullet points to ensure a structure that is clear to read
- Don’t write your objectives in the professional summary
- List your strongest skills. To back them up, you can highlight related accomplishments
- If you use buzzwords, choose them carefully in line with your experience and the keywords in the Job Description. Avoid buzzwords such as Passionate, Enthusiastic, Unique, Hardworking
- There are no definite rules about writing in the 1st or 3rd person, however, if you write the Professional Summary in the 1st person then continue throughout in the CV. The same applies if you start in 3rd person.
- New product launch: 30% sales from new product launch
- Market Penetration: Developed successful multi-brand channel strategy
- Digital Marketing: Shaped Digital Strategy for leading brands
Adaptability is a highly sought of skill in today's workplace.