Interview or public speaking tips: Prepare
The following is a 5-point list to help you prepare:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. A good speech or presentation takes time to prepare
- Do your research on the topic or the company and position. To help you organise the information, file the relevant information in word document or in a mind map which will help you remain focused on the topic and to collect and organise information
- Know your numbers and dates
- Write down and repeat your personal pitch. It should be short, clear, and punchy and no longer than 1 minute long
- Once you have collected and organised the information, repeat out loud. You can do this by recording yourself (video or audio) and by practicing in front of a friend or a professional. Getting feedback on how you can improve before the big day is essential to correct your verbal or non-verbal communication.
Copyright © 2021 www.thirdcultureprofessionals.com